Dr. Henryk Skarzynski
Director of the Institute of Physiology and Pathology of Hearing and Head of the World Hearing Center, Poland.
Otosurgeon, expert in otorhinolaryngology, audiology and phoniatrics. Originator and director of the Institute of Physiology and Pathology of Hearing. Audiology and Phoniatrics Faculty Chair at the F. Chopin Academy of Music. Polish National Consultant in otorhinolaryngology.
Pioneered many surgical techniques globally (partial deafness treatment 2002) or in Poland (cochlear implants 1992, brainstem implants 1998, middle ear implants 2003). Author and co-author of over 2800 publications and nearly 2500 lectures. Member of scientific societies including AOS, CORLAS, EAONO, EFAS, IAO, ISA and Politzer Society. Awarded the Polonia Restituta Knights and Officers Crosses and other Polish state awards. International decorations include Papal Order Pro Ecclesia et Pontifice, Ukrainian Order of Merit, Order of the King of Belgium, Order of the President of Georgia, numerous awards for innovation. Doctor honoris causa at the M. Grzegorzewska Academy of Special Education and the University of Warsaw.
- Innovative procedures in otosurgery
- Treatment of partial deafness: surgical approaches rehabilitation and quality of life of patients
- Rehabilitation and psychological issues of hearing impaired people and their families
- Bimodal (electric - acoustic) auditory stimulation
- Auditory cortex plasticity
- Rehabilitation approaches in communication disorders including music therapy
- Screening and early intervention in communication disorders.