Dr. AVEROUS Luc
BioTeam/ICPEES-ECPM, University de Strasbourg, France
Pr. Luc AvÃÂ©rous is a Group (BioTeam) Leader & Head of Polymer Research Department at ICPEES (UMR CNRS 7515) Univ. of Strasbourg (France), and former Lab Director. In 2003, he became a Full Professor at ECPM (Univ. of Strasbourg), where he teaches biopolymer science, biomaterials, composites, plastic processing & polymers charact.
During the last two decades, his major research projects have dealt with biobased and/or biodegradable polymers for environmental & biomedical applications. As a leading international expert in these fields, he has developed strong collaborations with several foreign labs and big companies. He is regularly invited to (co-)organize Conferences, to chair symposia, and to give plenary or keynote lectures overseas. He has co-edited 3 books. He is a member of Editorial Boards, and Guest Editor. He is a referee for many journals, books and international projects. He has published hundreds of scientific communications (H Index > 30).
- Biopolymers: starch, chitosan, PHA, alginate
- Bio-polyesters: PLA, PBS(A), PCL,
- New biobased macromolecular architectures (PUs, PA, ) with building blocks from biomass (lignin, tannin, fatty acid, dimer, sugar, )
- Multiphase systems: Nano & micro-biocomposites, blends, multilayers,
- Enzymatic catalysis & biosynthesis (Biotech)
- Biomaterials: Tissue Eng. & Electrospinning, Biosensor, Controlled release