Gyan Singh Shekhawat
Professor, University of Rajasthan, India, E-mail: [email protected]
BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVES: Venous thromboembolism is a major national health concern and a major contributor to morbidity and mortality. The aim of this study is to assess the effectiveness of adding the previous pharmacological deep-vein thrombosis medication of brain injury patients in the preadmission screen to aid the medication reconciliation process. INTERVENTION: The medications stated on the discharge summary and the Medication Reconciliation (MedRec) are continued. Adding the proper medication and the dosage the patient received in the Acute Hospital will aid the accepting physician with Medication Reconciliation and prevent delays in care. Rate of Medical DVT prophylaxis would be compared before and after the intervention. METHOD: A total of 924 cases were reviewed retrospectively. The cohort included patients admitted to the inpatient rehabilitation facility between April 2018 and December 2019 with a diagnosis of stoke or traumatic brain injury. Children were excluded from the sample. The improvement strategy was put in place on June 2019, therefore pre improvement group includes data from April 2018- May 2019 and post improve data includes records from June 2019- December 2019. RESULTS: There is significant improvement of DVT prophylaxis compliance after the DVT prophylaxis regiment at the acute hospital has been stated on the preadmission screen in addition to the Medication Reconciliation sent with the patient.
CONCLUSION AND DISCUSSION: This study showed the effectiveness of adding the previous pharmacological deep-vein thrombosis medication in the preadmission screen to aid the Medication reconciliation process, this will significant improve the compliance of DVT prophylaxis regiment.
Dr. Zhang is a board-certified physiatrist, and Director of Brain Injury Rehabilitation at St. Charles Hospital. He is also a Clinical Associate Professor at the State University of New York at Stony Brook. Dr. Zhang received his medical degree from Shanghai Medical University. He completed residency training in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at Montefiore Medical Center, New York, followed by a fellowship in Stroke Rehabilitation at the Kessler Rehabilitation Institute in New Jersey. Dr. Zhang's contributions to the field include numerous journal articles and presentations at national medical conferences.
Conferences series conferences proudly announcing Young Researchers Awards with an aim to recognize outstanding achievement and contribution of professionals and researchers in the area of medical, life sciences, physical sciences, health care and engineering.
Young Researchers Presentation is a key session at Global Nursing and Health Care Conference which is scheduled during March 15-16, 2021 at Amsterdam, Netherlands. Nursing Meet 2021 focused on the theme “Current Challenges and Innovations in Nursing and Healthcare”.
Nursing Meet conference committee will be providing a platform for all talented young researchers, investigators, Post-graduate/Master students, PhD scholars to showcase their current research and innovation.
Postgraduates/masters student, junior scientist, young faculty member, PhD scholar and Postdoc researchers
The Young Scientist Feature is a platform to promote young researchers in their respective area by giving them a chance to present their achievements and future perspectives.
• Acknowledgement as YRF Awardee
• Recognition by providing certificates and memento
• Recognition through website promotion and award page
• Networking opportunity to coordinate with partners around the world
• Publish that particular research paper for free
• All accepted abstracts will automatically be considered for the Award.
• All the presentation will be evaluated at the conference venue
• All the awards will be selected by the judges of the award category
• The awards will be assessed as far as plan and format, intelligence, argumentation and approach, familiarity with past work, engaging quality, message and primary concerns, parity of content visuals, and by and large impression
• All submissions must be in English
• The topic must fit into scientific sessions of the conference
• Each individual participant is allowed to submit maximum 2 abstracts
• Abstract must be submitted online as per the given abstract template
• Abstracts must be written in Times New Roman and font size will be 12
• Abstract must contain title, name, affiliation, country, speakers biography, recent photograph, image and reference
Conditions of Acceptance:
To receive the award, the awardee must submit the presentation for which the award is given, for publication at the website, along with author permission. Failure to submit the PPT, and permission within the designated timeframe will result in forfeiture of award.
Official announcement of the recipients will occur after the completion of conference.