Alaa eldin Mahmoud Sayed KHEDR
Professor, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, King Abdulaziz University, Saudi Arabia.
1. Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Analytical Chemistry. ?Analytical Study of Famprofazone Metabolites?. Bonn University (Germany)-Assiut University (Egypt) 1994.
2. M.Sc. in Pharmaceutical Analytical Chemistry. ?Spectral Analysis of Certain Catecholamines in Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms?.Assiut University, Egypt, 1989.
3. B.S. in Pharmaceutical Science. Very Good with Degree of Honor.Assiut University, Egypt. May 1984.
2002 ? date Professor in the Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Kingdome of Saudi Arabia
2008 ? date Professor in the Department of Pharmaceutical Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Assiut University, Egypt..
2000-2001 Regulatory Affair / Research and Development Manager at T3A Industrial, Egypt.
1999-2000 Quality Control Manager at T3A Industrial, Egypt.
2002 ? 2008 Associate Professor in the Department of Pharmaceutical Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Assiut University, Egypt
1994 ? 2002 Lecturer in the same department
1989 ? 1994 Associate lecturer in the same department, Assiut University (Ph.D)
1984 ? 1989 Demonstrator in the same department, Assiut University
AWARDS AND FELLOWSHIPS
2010 Prize of Excellency from King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, KSA.
2008 Prize of Best Publisher and Scientific Excellency, from King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, KSA.
2001 ? date Advisory consultant at LIPTIS Pharmaceuticals ? New Jersey, USA.
1997 ? 1998 Post-doctoral Fellow in College of Pharmacy, Ohio University, Cincinnati, USA.
1. Lipidopmic and Biomarkers using LC-MS/MS
2. Analytical method development and validation. Setup of the analytical methods including validation procedures, execution of analytical protocols, management of the work load and work flow, and setup of good laboratory practice. Stability indicating assay method development,
3. Impurity testing and photostability testing of drug substances and products, compatibility study of drug substance with the combined excipients, analytical methodologies including high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), LC-MSMS (Ion-Trap), MRM mode, thin-layer chromatography (TLC), Gas chromatography, GC-MS.
4. Installation and operational qualification of analytical instrument, and Management of Quality Control Department.
5. Documentation system in quality control lab including Standard Operating Procedures; writing standard operating procedure, assessment of the results, handling and issuing of the generated records, maintenance and calibration of the laboratory instrument, materials inventory, training of QC personnel, assistance personnel and candidate students, drafting of progress reports
6. Strategy of drug development and qualification, and Compiling and processing of registration files for MCA/EMEA ? EU application.
7. Drug metabolism and stereoselective drug metabolism study, Derivatization for HPLC-UV detection, Conducting the analytical part of bioequivalence testing according to USP/FDA/ICH/EMEA guidelines, Implementation and learning of regulatory guidelines including; current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP), Good Laboratory Practice (GLP), International Conference of Harmonization (ICH), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and official Compendia monographs.