Department of Surgery, Texas A & M Medical University at Scott & White Memorial Hospital, USA
Dr. Maqsood Elahi is working as a faculty consultant cardiothoracic surgeon in Texas, USA. He is also the Founder and Chairman of the humanitarian organization CardiacEye International Foundation and ICS-US Fellow in good standing. He earned B.Sc. (Hon), M.B.B.S. and M.M.Sc. (M.D. in Surgery) degrees from the University of Glasgow, and a Ph.D. from the University of Southampton, UK. Thereafter, He worked as an adult and paediatric cardiothoracic surgeon in UK, Australia and USA.
In addition to being a cardiothoracic surgeon, He developed basic, translational and clinical research, and brought the cutting-edge biomedical research findings from the bench to the bedside. His work in basic and clinical work has ended up over 120 peer-reviewed publications in scientific journals of repute. Moreover, he has edited four books in the area of oxidative stress, mostly due to external environmental stress factors including high fat diets.
1) Blood-Dependent Redox Activity during Extracorporeal Circulation in ischemic heart disease.
2) Defining Gene Silencing for Gene Therapy in Preventing Early Origin of Atherosclerosis.
3) The Role of Endothelial Progenitor cells in Tissue Engineering.
4) The Biology of Nitric Oxide in Ischemia-Reperfusion Induced Organ Injury
5) The Role of Gene Encoding at Position ?308 in the Promoter Region of the Tumour Necrosis Factor in Ethnicity-Specific risk of Coronary Heart Disease.
6) Investigations in to Early Developmental Origins of Coronary Artery Disease and its relation with Predictive Adaptive Response Phenomenon.