Joan-Lluis Vives Corrons
Head, Red Cell Pathology Unit & Professor of Medicine, University of Barcelona, Spain.
Scientific trajectory guaranteed by more than 400 publications in scientific journals and about 12 books of Haematology. Financial support received from several official sources from Spain and from the European Commission. for the accomplishment of 35 different research projects. All these Projects have mainly focused on the study of physiopathology, molecular mechanisms and epidemiology of red blood cell (RBC) disorders due to hereditary enzymopathies (G6PD and PK deficiencies), haemoglobinopathies (Sickle-cell anaemia and thalassaemias) contributing to the better knowledge of the molecular mechanism all these red blood cell disorders.
Since 2002, head of ENERCA (European Network for Rare and Congenital Anaemias), a Project co sponsored by the European Commission (DG-SANCO) for the development of a European Reference Network (ERN) in Rare Anaemias (anaemias with a prevalence less than 5 per 10.000 individuals). ENERCA Project (2002-2016) is intended to contribute to the better knowledge of Rare Anaemias in Europe, its faster detection, diagnosis, treatment and epidemiological surveillance.
1. Red blood cell pathology and disorders of erythropoiesis
2. Standardization and quality assurance in haematology laboratory.
3. Physiopathologic studies of congenital and acquired haemolytic anaemias
4. Haemoglobinopathies and thalassemias
5. Genetic and molecular aspects of erythrocyte enzyme deficiencies
6. Cellular and molecular markers in acute and chronic leukaemias
7. Automation in haematology laboratory