Journal of Intensive and Critical Care (ISSN: 2471-8505) is a leading international, peer-reviewed journal providing original research, review articles, tutorials, and invited articles for physicians and allied health professionals involved in treating the critically ill. The Journal will include articles which discuss all aspects of health services research in critical care, System based practice in anesthesiology, perioperative and critical care medicine, the interface between anesthesiology, critical care medicine and pain. In addition, the Journal also publishes manuscripts based on Critical Care Nursing, Intensive and Critical Care Medicine, Critical Care Paramedic, Pulmonary Critical care, Pediatric Emergency Care, Surgical Critical Care, Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care, Intensive Care Medicine, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and Intensive Care Unit.
The journal has archived resource of several issues from 2015 which tract the significant development in the field of Critical Care Medicine and Nursing. The journal’s author base is composed of eminent Doctors, academicians, scientists and medical professionals from diverse geographical regions of the world. Similarly, the reader base also has heterogeneous composition as revealed by Google analytics. On an overall basis, the journal has been successful in collation of quality research outcomes in Intensive Care Medicine and Emergency Care.
A statistical representation of global users for Journal of Intensive and Critical Care (Source: Google Analytics)
• Google analytics has revealed that readers are constantly accessing the website round the clock. Approximately 81,646 visitors accessed the journal home page for various academic and research purpose which include: Knowing about the journal and its publication model; reading the aims and scope; manuscript preparation and submission protocol; accessing and citing the published content for scientific documentation.
• The geographical distribution of our readership is as follows: India (5.76%), United States (10.39%).
• It was observed that there was relatively greater demand for scientific content since the sections on in press, current issues and archived articles recorded highest visibility and readership.
• The focus and mandate of the journal as detailed in the aims and scope attracted the researchers and professionals of medical science to the journal home page and encouraged them to submit their contributions as they found the journal to be most relevant and suitable for reaching out to the audience and gain wider recognition in their field of research.
• The citation metric of the journal revealed an upward trend over the past five years which indicated that the journal content was not only read but was also utilized in respective research endeavors and explorations.
iMedPub was established in the year 2005 and since then has been actively publishing peer-reviewed articles in biomedical and clinical science; material science; mathematics and engineering topics. iMedPub follows standard editorial and production policies with Internationally acclaimed publication practices.
Due to wide variation in the journal portfolio, the publisher site is accessed by various communities of diverse scientific disciplines from reputed research organizations, academic institution and Government bodies. More than 2,822,814 users have accessed the publisher website with more than 7,758,847 page views. These stats reveal that the journal is also immensely popular among scientific societies and organizations. Consequently, the editorial board profiles, authors and their affiliations are also gaining higher visibility.
The number of web sessions, the publisher received was 3,595,693 at the rate of 2.16 new sessions. This implied that new users and visitors are flocking to the publisher bases. A number of users are also revisiting the publisher pages indicating their continued interest in the journal. The fast and efficient publishing standard set by iMedPub was found to be very impressive by the reader base and is being well appreciated; as evident from the web metrics. The metric displayed belong only to our journals and if the associated links are also taken into consideration the number would be significantly much higher.