Department of Biomedical Sciences,
Laboratory of Neuropathology,
University of Mila,
Born in Milan, July 4, 1944.
- 1962-1968: School of Medicine, University of Milan.
- 1965-1968: Studied in Institute of General Pathology, University of Milan.
- 1968: M.D., magna cum laude, discussing an experimental thesis on the radiosensitizing properties of aliphatic aldehydes.
- 1969 to present: Several positions on faculty of Institute of General Pathology, University of Milan.
- 1971-1985: Associate Professor of General Pathology, Faculty of Medicine and Surgery, University of Milan.
- 1973-1985: Assistant to the Chairman of General Pathology, Faculty of Medicine and Surgery, University of Milan.
- 1975: NATO fellowship.
- 1976: He worked at the Institute of Biochemistry of the University of Helsinki (Finland).
- 1979: Invited speaker at the round table on ?Polyamines and Neoplastic Growth? at the Gordon Conference on Polyamines in Andover, NH (USA). Writer of a review on ?Polyamines in Mammalian Tumors? to be published in ?Advances in Cancer Research?.
- 1981: Selected to Corresponding Membership of the American Association for Cancer Research. The cover of the April issue of The Journal of the National Cancer Institute has been entirely addressed to the paper on the circadian rithm of hepatic ornithine decarboxylase during hepatocancinogenesis in the rat.
- 1982: Invited speaker at 41° Bat Sheva Seminar on ?Polyamines in Growth and Differentiation Processes? in Jerusalem (Israel).
- 1983: Invited speaker at the 12th NATO Course on ?Pineal Gland and its Endocrine Role?, held in Erice (Italy).
- 1986 to present: Professor of General Pathology, Faculty of Medicine and Surgery, University of Milan.
- 1986: Invited speaker at the International Conferences on ?Polyamines in Life Sciences? in Lake Yamanaka (Japan).
- 1986: Invited speaker and chairman at the International Meeting on Brain Oncology? held in Rennes (France).
- 1987: Organized of a International Meeting on ?Polyamines in Biology and Medicine?, held in Milan (Italy).
- 1988: Invited speaker at the International Symposium on ?Polyamines in Biochemical and Clinical Research?; held in Sorrento (Italy).
- 1993: Invited speaker at the International Symposium ?Thomas Addison and Its Diseases: 200 Years on?, held in London (U.K.).
- 1996: Invited chairman at the Tokyo International Symposium on Polyamines, held in the Shoan Village Center (Japan).
- 1998 to 2004: Director of the Institute of General Pathology, Faculty of Medicine and Surgery, University of Milan.
- 2000 to 2006: Scientific Coordinator of the PhD course in ?Experimental Pathology and Neuropathology? of the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery of the University of Milan.
- 2003: Invited speaker at the 3rd International Conference on Hyperhomocysteinemia, Saarbrücken, Germany. Invited speaker at the Symposium on ?B12 and Multiple Sclerosis? for ECTRIMS (Milan).
- 2005: Invited speaker at the Gordon Research Conference on ?Vitamin B12 and Corphins?, Oxford, U.K. Invited speaker at the 5th International Conference on Homocysteine Metabolism, Milan, Italy.
- 2006-2012: Director of the Post-graduate School of Biomedical Clinical and Experimental Sciences at the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery of the University of Milan.
- 2007: Invited speaker at ?The Global College of Neuroprotection and Neuroregeneration? (4th Annual Conference), Garmisch, Germany.
- 2008: Elected Corresponding Member of the ?Istituto Lombardo ? Accademia di Scienze e Lettere? (Milan, Italy).
- 2011: Member of the Editorial Board of ?Chinese Journal of Clinicians? (Electronic Edition).
- 2012: Member of the Editorial Board of ?Scientifica? (Neurology Section).
Invited speaker and chairman at the ?Advances and Controversies in B-Vitamins and Choline 2012? conference, Leipzig, Germany.
Invited speaker at the ?Vitamin B12 Symposium?, Nancy, France.
- 2013: Member of the Editorial Board of ?World Journal of Meta-Analysis".
Member of the Editorial Board of ?Autoimmune Disease & Therapeutic Approaches: Open Access?.
Member of the Editorial Board of ?Journal of Blood Disords?
AWARD: International Award ?Röntgen?from Italian Accademia dei Lincei (Rome) for oncological research, 1983.
Interest in Dr. Scalabrino?s research has been demonstrated by a ?critical review? published in Nutr. Rev. 60, 142-144, 2002 by Dr. J.W. Miller and essentially concerning the new effects of vitamin B12 found in his laboratory.
From many years, Dr. Scalabrino is usually reviewer for many international journals in the field of neurobiology, oncology, and molecular biology.
Neurobiology, Oncology, and Molecular Biology