Dr. Antonio Simone
University of Messina, Italy
1. The Department of Biomorphology and Biotechnology , Section of Histology and Embryology (University of Messina - Italy) under the supervision of Prof. Domenico Puzzolo.
2. The Department of Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology (University of Messina - Italy), under the supervision of Prof. Edoardo Spina.
3. The Department of Environmental Protection (University of Messina - Italy) under the supervision of Prof. Vincenza Sofo.
4. The Department of Gynecological and Obstetric Sciences and Reproductive Medicine (University of Messina - Italy) under the supervision of Prof. Emanuele Sturlese and Prof. Giovanni Retto.
- In 2009, he was selected among the top 6 best students of his faculty of medicine and surgery, and has thus won a study grant to attend an internship for two months at the Virginia Commonwealth University (Richmond, Virginia - USA). So, during August and September 2009 he attended the Department of Interventional Radiology of the Virginia Commonwealth University, where he studied technique of uterine fibroids chemioembolization, under the supervision of Dr. Uma Prasad.
- He developed his thesis on âPelvic endometriosis: diagnosis and laparoscopic therapyâ, and earned degree in medicine and surgery during the academic year 2009/2010, with the final score of 110/110.
- During August 2010, after his graduation, he was selected for a study grant to attend the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics of the âKlinicki Centarâ (Belgrade â Serbia) for a professional stage under the supervision of dr. Milan Terzic.
- From November 2010 to January 2011 he attended a clinical/surgical training of three months: one month at the Department of Diabetology (University of Messina - Italy), one month in the clinic of a primary care physician (Messina - Italy), one month in the Department of Gynecological and Obstetric Sciences and Reproductive Medicine (University of Messina - Italy).
- On 10th February 2011, he qualified to practice as a medical doctor in the Italian National Health System.
- Since 16th March 2011 he is member of professional register of Medical Doctors in Reggio Calabria (Registration Number 8656).
- In June 2011 he became Resident Medical Doctor of the Department of Gynecological and Obstetric Sciences and Reproductive Medicine, University of Messina â Italy.
- On 11 February 2012 he qualified for Basic Life Support and early Defibrillation (BLS-D).
- On 25th and 26th September 2012 he attended the Course for Gynecologists "Training in Gynecologic Laparoscopy", organized by Karl Storz Italy and IdiPharma.
- From 2012-2013 he was accepted as âIn-Training Memberâ of the Society for Reproductive Investigation (Mentor Prof. Serdar Bulun).
- From 2012 he started a collaboration with the Giorgio Pardi Foundationâs professional research team (Milan â Italy), working on information campaign about nutrition and pregnancy (http://amanutricresci.com/).
- From 2012 he started a collaboration with AIRIcerca (http://airicerca.org/), as Editorial Board Member. This project aims to develop scientific dissemination about the most updated topics.
- From 2013 he was accepted as Member of the Italian Society of Perinatal Medicine (President Prof. G.P Donzelli).
- On 4th May 2013 he got the âBuonasanitÃ special awardâ from âCentro Studi La Feniceâ (Messina, Italy), for âthe quality of his scientific background, enthusiasm, interest and passion profuse in research and the excellent professional results already achievedâ.
- On 6th September 2013 he achieved the 2nd level Master of âgynaecological minimally invasive and robotic surgeryâ, under the supervision of Prof. Vito Cela (University of Pisa).
- During December 2013 and January 2014, he got the European Certification of Evidence-Based Practice (EBP) core curriculum, obtained with a course promoted by GIMBE Foundation (Gruppo Italiano per la Medicina Basata sulle Evidenze).
- On 13th January 2014, he was accepted as Contributor of âStudents 4 Best Evidenceâ network (http://www.students4bestevidence.net/)
- on 8 May 2014, he attended the âHysteroscopyâ Hands-on training (Supervisor: Prof. Yves Van Belle, Leuven â Belgium), during the 23rd European Congress of Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- on 9 May 2014, he attended the âLaparoscopic skillsâ Hands-on training (Supervisor: Prof. Yves Van Belle, Leuven â Belgium), during the 23rd European Congress of Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- From 14th June 2014 he is working in the outpatient clinic of chronic pelvic pain and endometriosis at the A.O.U. âG. Martinoâ (University of Messina, Italy).
- Currently, he is developing a research program on Endometriosis (focused on the immunological and clinical points of view) and on Immunology of Reproduction, under the supervision of Prof. Onofrio Triolo, Prof. Emanuele Sturlese, Prof. Giovanni Retto, Prof. Alfonsa Pizzo (Department of Pediatric, Gynecological, Microbiological and Biomedical Sciences, University of Messina â Italy) and Prof. Vincenza Sofo and Dr. Francesca Maria Salmeri (Department of Environmental Sciences, Safety, Territory, Food and Health, University of Messina â Italy).
- From October 2014 he is developing an intensive training of gynaecological surgery in the Univerzitetni KliniÄni Center (Ljubljana, Slovenia).
genetics, clinical, radiological aspects and therapeutic perspectives, Immunology