School of Health Sciences,
University of the Ryukyus,
I am an Associate Professor in University of the Ryukyus and live in Okinawa, Japan.I have received awards as follows.
(1) An award from the Japanese Society for Host Defense Research in 2006.
(2) An award from the Japanese Society of Veterinary Science in 2009 and 2013.
(3) 2006 Award for best poster from the Forum of Near-Infrared Spectroscopy in Japan.
(4) 2011 NIR Advance Award from the Japan Council for Near Infrared Spectroscopy.
(5) 1st Nanointerface Innovative Award from the Committee of Frontier Science of Interactions between Plasmas and Nanointerfaces in 2011.
I am interested in research as follows.
(1) Functional foods
(2) Okinawan foods
(3) Near-infrared (NIR) spectroscopy for clinical chemistry and laboratory medicine