Carbamates intoxication in production animals is becoming more frequent, so the importance in exposing such cases; since inadvertent manipulation by unqualified personnel can be fatal. The present work describes the acute intoxication by carbofuran in 17 calves of 6 months of age and a third calving cow, which showed clinical signs of miosis, sialorrhea, muscular tremor, motor incoordination and prostration. This case happened accidentally in a stable in the Peruvian province of Canete due to the misuse of the carbamate pesticide "Carbofuran". The diagnosis was made using the thin-layer chromatography technique in liver, intestine and food samples. All the affected animals were treated with 1% atropine sulfate, reaching the remission of clinical signs.